From my early gradeschool days, I .made weekly deposits to my savings account. It was only a dollar or two, but it became a considerable amount over my years in school. Later, when I earned a little money on my own, all I wanted to do was spend it. Then along came credit i.e. buy now, pay later. The latter practice only contributed to my poor management of money.
Today on my fixed income, I'm learning to enjoy saving again. Without benefit of credit card, I,m planning to save $600.00 towards a trip to Minnesota in September. Like the young gradeschooler I was, I can start to enjoy seeing the few small figures start to add up into larger and larger ones. Ah, the pleasure of saving versus spending.
So how much would a dollar or two from then be worth today? That sounds like a lot of cash. :) That must have been what you used to buy your white mustang.
ReplyDeleteMore like a trip to Duluth's worth.
ReplyDelete